Monday, May 10, 2010

Odds and Ends

2010.05.10
Trossen Robotics Update on Plusmo.com
AyaraFun.com What is this? I have *no* idea, but it looks like a pertinent and potentially informative site - if only I can figure out what language it's in! :} At a quick glance I thought it might be Hebrew or Arabic, and quickly realized that was well off the mark. After surfing the site for a few minutes and looking at some of the group pictures I'm guessing it's Polynesian? I don't really know, but as soon as I figure it out I'll post a follow-up, hopefully with a link for translations.
[Update, 2010.05.10.23:50] Not counting my first impression my second guess is that the site's language is Thai. I looked up the definition of "Polynesian" for clues as to why i guessed it; with seeing the reference to Hawaii I double checked a group image or two from the site and decided those pictured didn't look Hawaiian to me - another unexplained quirk of the mind as I've never been to Hawaii, so I'm pretty sure I don't know what "a Hawaiian" looks like. Yes, yes, I know that all has some dreadful connotations, but you don't know me from Adam so keep your own prejudices to yourself, thank you very much. I've found an online Thai to English translator, but I'm not convinced as yet and too tired tonight to continue the quest.
[Update, 2010.05.13.16:38] Using the free PROMPT-online translator I was able to confirm that the site is written in Thai - at least 95% of the text gets translated into English anyway although I have no idea of the accuracy. It'll be a lot to sift through, with having to translate bits and pieces at a time, but it looks interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment